So, let’s say you have a class website or an online project, in which you’d like the same Voki avatar to appear several times (with a different message each time).
You’ve worked hard to create the perfect Voki character, with just the right shade of hair color and size of head. Recreating this character (with your customizations) is just not possible. It’s too perfect.
The “Copy” feature is something that we’ve heard from several teachers and students. We’re definitely looking into, though we have something even better on the way (we just can’t mention it yet)…
So, for now, how are you supposed to recreate your masterful Voki character?
It’s easier than you might think!
Here’s all you need:
- Obvious: your computer, Internet access, and a Voki account
- Very important: make sure that “email@example.com” is in your safe senders list. This will ensure that you receive the email notification you need…
Here’s how to copy that Voki:
- Make sure to log in at http://www.voki.com.
- After you’ve created and Saved the Voki, go to My Voki and select the Voki you’d like to copy.
- Click on Send to a Friend under the Voki preview.
- Here’s the sneaky part: In “your friend’s email” enter your email (the email you’re already logged in with) and add it to the recipient list. Enter a subject & message (if you want) and click Send.
- Check your email and click on the link. If you don’t see the email, it might be in your junk mail folder. This is why you need to make sure that “firstname.lastname@example.org” is in your trusted/ safe senders list.
- When you see the Voki you created, click SAVE to save it (a copy) to your account!
That’s it! You just created a copy of your perfect Voki. You can make additional copies in the same way. You can also make changes to it, like:
- Renaming it (e.g. History: Welcome, History: Lincoln)
- Changing the audio message
- Changing the background