So, let’s say you have a class website or an online project, in which you’d like the same Voki avatar to appear several times (with a different message each time).
You’ve worked hard to create the perfect Voki character, with just the right shade of hair color and size of head. Recreating this character (with your customizations) is just not possible. It’s too perfect.
The “Copy” feature is something that we’ve heard from several teachers and students. We’re definitely looking into, though we have something even better on the way (we just can’t mention it yet)…
So, for now, how are you supposed to recreate your masterful Voki character?
It’s easier than you might think!
Here’s all you need:
- Obvious: your computer, Internet access, and a Voki account
- Very important: make sure that “firstname.lastname@example.org” is in your safe senders list. This will ensure that you receive the email notification you need…
Here’s how to copy that Voki:
- Make sure to log in at http://www.voki.com.
- After you’ve created and Saved the Voki, go to My Voki and select the Voki you’d like to copy.
- Click on Send to a Friend under the Voki preview.
- Here’s the sneaky part: In “your friend’s email” enter your email (the email you’re already logged in with) and add it to the recipient list. Enter a subject & message (if you want) and click Send.
- Check your email and click on the link. If you don’t see the email, it might be in your junk mail folder. This is why you need to make sure that “email@example.com” is in your trusted/ safe senders list.
- When you see the Voki you created, click SAVE to save it (a copy) to your account!
That’s it! You just created a copy of your perfect Voki. You can make additional copies in the same way. You can also make changes to it, like:
- Renaming it (e.g. History: Welcome, History: Lincoln)
- Changing the audio message
- Changing the background
17 thoughts on “How to Copy a Voki”
Hello!. It’s great to use Voki :), i have just one problem, how can I use it in Edublogs.com? thanks !
Thank goodness!!! I was trying to do just this. What an easy work around!
Do you know how I can copy my voki picture and paste just the image/picture into a word (labels) document? I’d like to put her picture on labels (make stickers) to put on my student’s papers. Thanks!
The easiest way to copy and paste your Voki is by pressing the Print Screen button on your keyboard. Check out this blog post and follow the the steps: https://blog.voki.com/2012/07/25/voki-tip-of-the-week-printing-out-voki/. Just paste it on to your word document instead of paint!
I am trying to send a voki using the above mentioned procedure. I am using Outlook as my email I need to send to- where do I find the “firstname.lastname@example.org” being in my safe sender’s list? In Outlook and / or somewhere within my computer settings?
To add email@example.com to your safe senders list, click on Tools then Options. Under the Preference tab, click June E-mail. Click on the Safe Senders tab and add!
The Voki Team
I will ask for one more hint…… Tools in? Control panel, IE, Outlook? I am running Windows 7 if that helps.
Sorry! Click Tools in Outlook! If it doesn’t work, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Voki Team
I sent an email yesterday- no response to my Outlook question.
When in Outlook, I have the following options on the Menu Bar:
Home, Send/Receive, Folder, View, Add-ins, Norton and Hewlett-Packard.
The only time that I have seen an Options tab in Outlook is when I compose a message. Unfortunately, there is no Preferences choice under the Options that I see when composing a message.
It seems like you’re using Outlook 2010. On the Home tab, click on Junk and then select Junk E-mail option. After that, click on Safe Senders tab and click add!
The Voki Team
That worked….. thanks for the help.
thanks, it was very helpful!
You mentioned back in May 2011:
“The “Copy” feature is something that we’ve heard from several teachers and students. We’re definitely looking into, though we have something even better on the way (we just can’t mention it yet)…”
Any word yet? What is the something even better?
We do have “something better” coming out soon! We’ll definitely let everyone know once it’s ready!
The Voki Team
SOS my project is due tomarrow and when I follow the directions it will only let me save my voki to another voki account I don’t know what to do please help!!
Try sending it to the same email that you’re using for Voki!
I tried doing this and I put a voice on my voki but when I “copy” it it only copies a picture not the video.