Question: I noticed the nifty avatar on your blog. How do I make Voki appear as a widget on the sidebar of my WordPress blog??
Answer: There are a few ways to do it. In this post, we’re going to walk you through one of the easier ways. Below, we show you the easiest way to make your Voki widget work without using a third-party. You’re only minutes away from having a Voki greeting on your WP homepage, ready to greet your readers!
Using Voki’s Embed Code
1. Open a Word document or other text editor.
2. Log in to Voki and WordPress.
3. In WordPress, go to the “Appearance” tab, and select the “Widgets” option.
4. Look at your widget options. Choose the “Text” widget and drag it to the sidebar display of your choice.
5. Now, in My Voki, select your Voki of choice, and click “Publish your Voki.”
6. Copy the entire embed code.
7. Paste the code in your open Word document.
Okay! Good job, we have made it this far. Let’s pat ourselves on the back and take a couple of breaths before we move forward. Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale…
Almost there! Now for the finishing touches…
8. In the Word doc, highlight the source code, or “src” code. This can be found by locating src= and highlighting the hyperlink that is in between the quotation marks (it’s a pretty long link, so make sure you copy everything in between the quotation marks). See the example below.
9. To make sure you copied the link correctly, paste the highlighted link into your internet browser (but not this window or tab!) and press Enter. Your Voki should appear on the page in full screen (pretty cool!).
11. Copy and Paste your new embed code from the Word doc, into the WordPress Text box (and click Save).
12. Check out your blog! Your Voki should be happy to greet you!
TIP: If you don’t see the Voki, and you’re certain you followed the steps correctly, try clearing your browser’s cookies and cache, and reopening the page.
For those of you with WordPress blogs, we hope this helps you out! If you know of an (even) easier way to make Voki work with WordPress, please share it with us below in a comment!
And, if you have any ideas for future Voki Tip of the Week posts, feel free to share them below, and we’ll add them to the list!
Until next time,
The Voki Team