We bring you a wonderful interview with Andrew Jenkins! He is a Technology Teacher in Ohio.
Continue reading for Andrew’s interview! Or if you prefer, listen to his Voki:
1. Tell us a little about yourself:
Hello there I am Andrew Jenkins, a Technology Teacher at Willetts Middle School in Brunswick Ohio, USA and I have been using Voki since 2010 as far as I can tell from my oldest created voki.
2. What are your goals using Voki?
To enhance instruction as well as increase student differentiation.
3. How do you use Voki?
Voki is a tool that enhances the instructions for my online assignments in Moodle allowing me to give verbal instructions for any students that needs it via a Voki Avatar.
4. What are your 3 favorite things about Voki?
- I can use it in my class
- Students can use it
- It is versatile for posting elsewhere
5. What would you add to the Voki product?
A few things:
- the ability to “make a copy” of an avatar to use over an over…like the one I make of myself
- an app or easy way to create using an iPad or other iDevices
- a way to save/export as a movie type file to embed into various presentation options
6. Do you have any Voki tricks up your sleeve?
I would say when I create an avatar very similar to myself, the students are impressed.
Using Moodle as a central posting place allows me to have students post in an assignment and then other students can view each other’s work. And often I have them then create a Voki to post as a response to their peer’s work.
Follow Andrew on Twitter: @allthejenkins
Want to be interviewed for the Voki blog? Send us an email at email@example.com!
Until next time,
The Voki Team