The new school year will be here before you know it. Do you have all the items you need for your classroom? Don’t panic if you don’t! We put together a quick ed-tech checklist for you so you can be fully prepared for the upcoming school year! So let’s get started with the list:
- Ed-tech budget. Set up a quick meeting with the school administrators to confirm the budget for classroom technologies. Then order all the tech/equipment you need so you can have it all set up and ready to go for the new school year!
- Update devices. If you use computers, laptops, and tablets in class, you should double check to see if the devices need to be updated. Double check and see if any program needs to be updated or re-installed. Make sure that all the equipment you are planning to use is fully functional. Now, we don’t want to have a broken SMART board in the classroom, right?
- Update class website. For the upcoming school year, you should update your class website with new content (new announcement, new page color/theme, etc.). Create a new welcome message for your students and a short announcement to parents about your plan for using ed-tech in class this school year.
- Plan your ed-tech lessons. It is never too early to plan your lessons. Be prepared and plan your ed-tech lessons ahead. Plan your first three (or more) ed-tech lessons with your new students. It’s better to be prepared than sorry!
- Useful ed-tech blogs. Find a great blog that will help you with your ed-tech adventures. A good ed-tech blog should include new tools, tips, and techniques that you can use in class. For a list of top ed-tech blogs, check it out on EdTech Magazine.
Hopefully that this is a good list for teachers to follow! But there are other items that can be added to the checklist. If you have any other suggests for teachers to prepare for the new school year, let us know!
Until next time,
The Voki Team
Bio: Eva is the Community Manager for Voki and is part of the Marketing Team at Oddcast. She enjoys playing the piano and knitting on her free time. (She’s also a Rubik’s cube master!) She loves to hear your feedback and comments for Voki!