Thanks to the feedback of Voki fans, we decided to create a new set of Voki characters! This month, we are expanding our collection of Voki characters to the magical land of Happily Ever After. Our new Voki fairy tale characters include some of your favorites.
We have a beautiful princess, a charming prince, a noble knight, a mischievous fairy, a funny jester, and a majestic unicorn and they’re available to all Voki users! Click here then go to the Fairy Tale category to see them in action!
Let’s take a look at some examples below:
Oh, and stay tuned for more fairy tale characters! We have more brewing in our cauldron!
If you have any feedback, comment, or question for Voki, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Until next time,
The Voki Team
So, let’s say you have a class website or an online project, in which you’d like the same Voki avatar to appear several times (with a different message each time).
You’ve worked hard to create the perfect Voki character, with just the right shade of hair color and size of head. Recreating this character (with your customizations) is just not possible. It’s too perfect.
The “Copy” feature is something that we’ve heard from several teachers and students. We’re definitely looking into, though we have something even better on the way (we just can’t mention it yet)…
So, for now, how are you supposed to recreate your masterful Voki character?
It’s easier than you might think!
Here’s all you need:
- Obvious: your computer, Internet access, and a Voki account
- Very important: make sure that “email@example.com” is in your safe senders list. This will ensure that you receive the email notification you need…
Here’s how to copy that Voki:
- Make sure to log in at http://www.voki.com.
- After you’ve created and Saved the Voki, go to My Voki and select the Voki you’d like to copy.
- Click on Send to a Friend under the Voki preview.
- Here’s the sneaky part: In “your friend’s email” enter your email (the email you’re already logged in with) and add it to the recipient list. Enter a subject & message (if you want) and click Send.
- Check your email and click on the link. If you don’t see the email, it might be in your junk mail folder. This is why you need to make sure that “firstname.lastname@example.org” is in your trusted/ safe senders list.
- When you see the Voki you created, click SAVE to save it (a copy) to your account!
That’s it! You just created a copy of your perfect Voki. You can make additional copies in the same way. You can also make changes to it, like:
- Renaming it (e.g. History: Welcome, History: Lincoln)
- Changing the audio message
- Changing the background
The Voki Team
We have finally launched Voki for Education and could not have been more pleased with the results! We’d like to thank you for “hanging in there” and for taking the time to share with us how you would like to see Voki improve.
Thanks to you, Voki is now simpler to use, includes more features, encourages community engagement, and is more reliable and classroom-friendly than ever! We hope you enjoy Voki for Education as much as we do. Here are some highlights:
- You can now post your Voki to Facebook! You asked for it and we delivered. You can now share your Voki with all of your Facebook friends by easily posting it to your wall.
- We’ve made posting to your blog or site as easy as clicking on an icon. Just click on the icon, log in, and your Voki is posted automatically!
- Don’t have a blog or site? No problem. We now offer a Voki link! Copy your Voki link (URL) and paste it into your browser … or email it to a friend … or paste it into your PowerPoint … or … well, you get the idea. There’s never been an easier way to share Voki!
- Got a question or want to share a tip? Join the Teacher’s Corner community, where you can engage with other educators, ask questions about Voki.com, and share your Voki tips and tricks.
- To further the use of technology in the classroom, we now offer a Lesson Plan Database where educators can browse and use new Voki lesson plans. And we’re always looking for more great Voki lesson plans from great educators!
Again, thank you for sticking with Voki and for helping us spread the word about our free online educational tool!
The Voki Team