Skip to content

Voki Tip of the Week: Save your Voki as a video file!

March 28, 2011

Some of our users have been wondering about turning their Voki scenes into .avi files (which stands for Audio Video Interleave). We’re here to help! It’s quite easy to create your Voki scene and add it wherever you like. It may take some time (and a little patience), but if we can do it, you can do it! :)

One of our tech savvy educators left a great tip via the Teacher’s Corner. Here’s how it works.:

• Create a Voki.
  • Go to CamStudio (for example) and download the latest program;  it’s free.
  • Open the program and return to your Voki.
  • Drag the box over your Voki and press Record.
  • Play your Voki.
  • Stop recording when finished.

You can save your recording on your PC as a video file. You can then add it to a PowerPoint presentation, a website, or anywhere else for that matter. Give it a try!

voki

Got a Voki tip?

Share it in the “Voki in the Classroom” section and we might feature you right here, in the blog!

About these ads
35 Comments leave one →
  1. Beth permalink
    May 10, 2012 2:57 pm

I was able to record my Voki using Cam Studio, but the sound is not being captured. Are there certain settings within Cam Studio that I should change?

2. Nki Deanda permalink
    May 18, 2012 7:48 pm

Beth, I wa able to get the sound by changing the setting in control panel for hardware software. I select sereo as default

3. Linda permalink
    May 29, 2012 1:38 pm

I embedded a voki in a PowerPoint presentation. It worked great, until I saved and left the presentation. When I reopened the presentation, the voki would not load up! Any ideas about how to correct this?

• Emily permalink
      May 31, 2012 11:22 am

Linda, how did you embed a voki in a PowerPoint? I’m trying to figure it out (without installing the program suggested above)…

• Kim permalink
      June 6, 2012 4:38 am

Same thing happened to me. Anybody know why?

• June 6, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

We’re sorry to hear your having trouble embedding in PowerPoint. It sounds like these may be unique situations rather than a bug in the program so you will need to email support@voki.com. Please give as much detail as possible about what you are experiencing and we will work on a solution with you.

The Voki Team

• Nicole permalink
      November 7, 2012 5:02 pm

how did you do that?? when I go to insert then to movie its suppose to say video from website but mine dont say that?

• November 7, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi Nicole,

You must be using the 2007 version of PowerPoint. The option for “Video from website” is only available on the 2010 version. Th easiest way you can embed your Voki on PowerPoint is using the direct Voki link or inserting your Voki as a video file.

The Voki Team

4. PBeck permalink
    August 5, 2012 1:40 am

For about a week my voki played on my google site….then it quit & I can’t get it to start again. Any suggestions? I used directions from this link, and at first it worked. https://sites.google.com/site/olgalaplante/region7/biddeford/embed-voki

• August 6, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi There,

Those instructions are not from the Voki site, so I’m not sure they are correct or up to date. Please email support@voki.com and they will help you out. Send as much information as possible and a screen shot if relevant.

5. October 23, 2012 11:46 pm

I have used SMRecorder – it’s free, too and doesn’t us as much hard drive space as CamStudio does. You can convert the files to other video types, also.

• October 23, 2012 11:49 pm

oops, SMRecorder doesn’t use as much hard drive space as CamStudio does.

• October 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Hey there!

Thanks for sharing! I’m sure our Voki users will find this information useful!

The Voki Team

6. María Silvina Fernández permalink
    December 10, 2012 9:19 pm

I ve used atube catcher for recording the screen. It works great! then I make a video with movie maker. The results was wonderfull !!! Try it!

7. Velma permalink
    May 1, 2013 5:34 am

I would like to embed my Voki into my 2010 ppt. I can capture the code and paste into the insert box for video from web ok but the voki doesn’t play. Is it possible to copy the html code and paste into the developer?

8. May 7, 2013 11:22 am

Hi im having trouble with the sound as it seems that have disappeared. Please Help.

9. Christine Moore permalink
    August 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Hello…I am trying to embed a voki into ppt 2013. It is different from 2010- can anyone tell me how to do this??

Thanks!

• Alexis Campbell permalink
      November 15, 2013 5:48 pm

I am having the same problem!! I’ve been on the phone with Microsoft Tech support for 2 1/2 hours and they even did remote assistance and still cant figure it out! :(

10. Cristina permalink
    October 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Hola, he creado mi voki y quiero insertarlo en el PREZIS, pero no consigo, como puedo incrustarlo?
    Gracias.

11. Ben L permalink
    November 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Hey, is there any way to get a voki vid on youtube with out recording?

• November 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi Ben,

Nope! It’s not possible. This is the only way to save Voki as a video!

The Voki Team

12. Liz permalink
    December 12, 2013 9:52 pm

He creado mi Voki, pero no me sale el codigo que copy, me dice que solo esta disponible en Only in Voki Classroom… ayuda por favor

• December 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi Liz,

There are other Voki characters that are free! You may want to check out our fantasy, anime, and oddball characters!

The Voki Team

13. Yenshan permalink
    December 13, 2013 2:06 pm

can i add voki into a mp4 video??

• December 13, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi Yenshan,

If you followed the instruction to save your Voki as a video file, you can use a video editor and edit the different videos together.

The Voki Team

14. nivea permalink
    December 23, 2013 4:22 pm

i love it.Its wonderful

15. nivea permalink
    December 23, 2013 4:26 pm

i have made a speaking character and publish it .but now don’t find it any where.pls reply.

16. Shanti permalink
    January 13, 2014 10:27 pm

How do you embed a voki in powerpoint 2013?

17. Ken permalink
    January 28, 2014 1:33 am

Does anybody know if there is any way to put a Voki in ApprenNet? It would be in video form. I saw earlier where people were using SMS Recorder and CamStudio. I am a neophyte in all of this, so I would like the simplest answer possible. I do have to use ApprenNet though; I’m just not sure how to put (embed?) the Voki in there or if it is even possible. Thanks!

18. wanda stevens permalink
    April 13, 2014 2:06 am

I have selected my character and completed all I needed to do but twice now I receive the message that says, ALERT, This model is only available to Voki Classroom or presenter users and I can’t publish. Also our instructions is to NOT choose one with the graduation cap in the corner which I did not. So what is happening? I hate to keep trying all these and find out I can’t use. help!