1. Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Craig Badura. I am the K-12 Integration Specialist for Aurora Public Schools in Aurora, Nebraska. I have been an avid Voki user and integrator since 2010.
2. What are your goals using Voki?
I like use a tool that will integrate seamlessly into the classroom. Voki creates this opportunity. Whether it be creating a Voki character of a famous person, book character or having a Voki character summarizing what students learned. Voki is so easy to integrate into any activity you may be doing in your classroom.
3. How do you use Voki?
- Famous Persons Project (Create Voki character that speaks script that students wrote)
- Book Reviews (students create a Voki character of themselves discussing the book)
- Book Trailers (students create Voki character based on a character in the book)
- Summarizing (Kindergarteners created Voki characters summarizing their learning of a certain animal)
I have used Voki in a variety of ways and with almost every grade level. It is so easy to use!
4. What are your 3 favorite things about Voki?
- Easy to use!
- Embeds well.
- Myriad of integration possibilities!
5. What would you add to the Voki product?
I wouldn’t change a thing! I do notice that some of the characters require a paid account, but there are still plenty of characters for students to choose from.
6. Do you have any Voki tricks up your sleeve?
I didn’t know that Voki’s could speak different languages. I had an ELL student in my class that actually taught ME that you could change the language. I bet she couldn’t speak more than a dozen words in English, yet she figured out how to change her Voki character to her native tongue! So easy to use and what a great tool for the ELL classroom!
Want to be interviewed for the Voki blog? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Until next time,
The Voki Team