Voki Classroom is constantly improving thanks to your feedback! In this update, we would like to introduce the newest Voki Classroom features. Starting this week, teachers will be able to add a writing assignment to their Voki assignments, set Assignment deadlines, show/hide student names in the Assignment Pages, and give students feedback. Status types have also been updated in both the teacher and student accounts. Read below for more information!
- Writing Assignment – Many of the Voki Lesson Plans contain a written requirement. Now teachers will have the option to add a writing assignment to their Voki Classroom Assignments. By selecting this option, students will be able to submit a written portion of up to 500 characters with their Voki. Teachers will also have the ability to make the writing assignment visible on the Assignment Page.
- Assignment Deadline – Students usually have due dates for homework and classroom assignments so it only makes sense that teachers be able to set deadlines on Voki Classroom assignments! Now, teachers can assign the date and time the Voki assignment is due. If a student submits their work after the deadline, the teacher will see the date and time of assignment completion in red.
- Show/Hide Student Names – We understand that privacy is an important factor when using online tools in the classroom. For this reason, teachers will have the option to replace the students’ full name with their initials in the Assignment Page.
- Feedback – Have you ever wanted to leave feedback on your students’ Voki assignments? Now you can! We added a feedback tool which will allow for expanded dialogue between you and your students.
- Statuses – Stay up-to-date with your students’ progress with our updated status types. The new categories are named and color coded as follows:
- Get Started
- Ready for Review
- Try Again
We hope you continue to enjoy Voki Classroom and that your experience is enhanced by these improvements.. As always, we want Voki Classroom to be a tool that is useful for teachers and engaging for students.
If you have any suggestions, please feel free to click the FEEDBACK tab in Voki Classroom, or email us at email@example.com. Your opinions and suggestions go a long way!
Until next time,
The Voki Team